Skip to main content

Writing

I have always been a writer.

My first story was in kindergarten.  I narrated it to my teacher so that she could letter each page of the micro book, and I illustrated it, and it was bound.

It was about dinosaurs.

Since that time, I have had stories in my head and I have always wanted to write them down and share them.  I have tried often and to various success.  I have been 'published' on websites that didn't pay, or even care if you put words there or not.  I got some great feedback, and people expressed that they liked my stories, but I had no major acclaim.

I submitted ideas, both completed and prospective, to publishers, but I got nothing but rejection letters in return.  The time since my last attempt was a sizable time ago; I was discouraged.

But, in the past few months, I have been energized and gotten back to writing and have sent out three more stories in just the last few weeks, with two more in a few months when I have them written. 

I am loving this, and my discouragement has mostly evaporated from those older attempts.  I am hopeful that one will be taken, but I am not expecting it.  I am just subsuming myself into the writing and submitting.

So, wish me luck!  I am off to write some more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating, Dysphoria and Doubt

I started chatting with a person on a dating site.  And they really aligned with a lot of what I am looking for... if I can be said to be looking for anything.  Generally, I don't look, for many reasons that could be a post of their own. What I do is make connections wherever I can, and if something blossoms that is great! But this woman, she started pretty good.  Sure there were some small misconnects, but we acknowledged them and discussed them.  I was willing to continue talking and see if there could be a connection. As the discussion proceeded over the weeks, I noticed that I was getting very into her.  All her professed wants and beliefs in a relationship were matching mine.  Her hobbies and likes also matched. But then came the yellow flags.. Little things that just didn't add up.  Turns of phrase that didn't match their history, and avoidance of any contact but messenger, professions of compatibility with no way to know the truth of them, profe...

Discovering Pain and Re-discovering Intimacy

This journal is going to be a little meandering, and difficult at points, but ultimately I think it ends on a very positive note.  It is a processing journal because I think I process best when I can write things down. This journal is for me, but I am posting it publicly so maybe others may learn something of my experience, learn something of me, and maybe if something resonates with them, learn something of themself. I had an encounter with a friend a few days ago, and it has done so many things for me that I don’t know how to proceed.  So I shall write and think and process and maybe come out the other side with some growth. But first some history. I will never say transition was not good for me.  I will never say I shouldn’t have transitioned or that I will ever go back to the old way I was living.  But, despite how much I have said I was very lucky in how well my transition had gone and continues to go, it has not been a perfectly smooth and entirely ...

Touch, Sex and Distancing

I have stated before, I am sure, that touch is one of my primary love languages. It took me time to figure it out, decades, because for decades I avoided contact with people. I was very physically distant from people because I was afraid they wouldn't accept me. I couldn't let people in enough, except in rare cases, to be comfortable sharing physical space for touch, cuddling and sex. Then I transitioned, came out of every closet ever, and began living genuinely. With that, I began making good connections that I was able to accept touch and cuddles. (Sex is still a little issue... soon to be very relevant to this note.). I love to hug y'all at munches and meetups. I love cuddling with my closest friends and metamours when we can. I love when talking and someone leans against me. I definitely enjoy a good cuddle pile. Then C19 hit. 'I should be fine', I thought. I survived decades without people around me. Just fall back on your old ways. Which worke...