Skip to main content

Writing

I have always been a writer.

My first story was in kindergarten.  I narrated it to my teacher so that she could letter each page of the micro book, and I illustrated it, and it was bound.

It was about dinosaurs.

Since that time, I have had stories in my head and I have always wanted to write them down and share them.  I have tried often and to various success.  I have been 'published' on websites that didn't pay, or even care if you put words there or not.  I got some great feedback, and people expressed that they liked my stories, but I had no major acclaim.

I submitted ideas, both completed and prospective, to publishers, but I got nothing but rejection letters in return.  The time since my last attempt was a sizable time ago; I was discouraged.

But, in the past few months, I have been energized and gotten back to writing and have sent out three more stories in just the last few weeks, with two more in a few months when I have them written. 

I am loving this, and my discouragement has mostly evaporated from those older attempts.  I am hopeful that one will be taken, but I am not expecting it.  I am just subsuming myself into the writing and submitting.

So, wish me luck!  I am off to write some more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sex while Trans and Lesbian

This one is going to be a rollercoaster, and probably not a fun one?  I don’t even know what to title it.  What I used is probably inadequate. CW: Sex talk, Sex while Trans, Maybe some internalized Transphobia, GCS, anatomy So, I had an absolutely amazing sexual encounter.  I really would love to experience something like that again.  I mean, holy shit…  But now I hate the existence of my penis even more than I have for quite a while. Let me explain. I have been actively afraid of creating connections with women because I was absolutely terrified of how I expected sex to go.  I have quite a bit of genital dysphoria, and I definitely have some amount of internalized transphobia that tells me that nobody I am interested in will even accept the presence of my penis, nevermind be willing to try to interact with it in ways that I can find comfortable.  You see, it took most of a year since I began transition to even find some workaround that allowed me to masturbate in a fashion that brough

Winter, a story

I was listening to a streaming service and I heard a song one day.  "Winter" by Tori Amos.  And as I was listening, something just struck me. It really got me in the feels, ya know? Well, after I stopped crying, I began writing this story in my head.  This story is kind of autobiographical.  That means that it evokes many things I have felt throughout certain phases in my life. It encompasses some things I wished had happened. And it uses tiny snippets of what did happen in a way little different than it did. Tori Amos' song is not about transition, nor is it in any way about my life.  But, many of the words and phrases do dovetail into my life experience very well when I listen to it. I hope she forgives me it's use for this. Without further ado, my story:  Winter. Winter : A child runs down the staircase, lit from the sun glistening on the fresh falls of snow outside.  It is a cold morning, but there are too many things to see; too much to do.

Introduction

Well, here we are four posts in and I have not yet put up an introduction to the blog.   Those who know me, probably know that this is pretty typical.   But, enough about that, let’s get to the intro. What do I intend with my blog?   I am firstly trying to take the jumble of thoughts that transition has created and try to impose some kind of order.   The many new experiences I am creating for myself as I try to navigate my gender need a place to be put and ruminated over and fitted into my new self.   It is through this cataloging and thinking over of new experiences and thoughts that I can find some control over where my transition is going. Second, I want to help other trans folk, especially those who are young and new to realizing they are or might be transgender.   I spent a very long time resisting the idea that I was transgender, and avoiding thinking about what I had to do to finally be happy and live.   I took so long to come to terms with my gender and transitio